Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Chorizo Nachos with the Real Dill Green Chile Hot Sauce Crema
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 lb Polidori Chorizo Sausage
- 1/4 cup The Real Dill Green Chile Hot Sauce
- 15 oz seasoned black beans drained
- 7 oz diced, roasted, and peeled green chiles 2 tbsp reserved
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 oz taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup Frigo Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 8 oz Frigo Fresh Mozzerella cheese
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 cups cilantro stems trimmed, chopped finely
- 8 oz tortilla chips
- 5 oz Frigo Feta Crumbles
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado thinly sliced for garnish
- 3 radishes thinly sliced for garnish
- fresh salsa for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prep a large baking sheet pan by lightly spraying with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is bubbling add the onions and bell peppers, stirring well, cook until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the chorizo, breaking it up with a large wooden spoon, and cook through. Then, add the seasoned black beans, green chilies (being sure to reserve 2 tablespoons), minced garlic, and taco seasoning mix to the chorizo and stir well. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer on low while preparing the green chile crema.
- In a small food processor fitted with a blade make the green chili crema by pulsing together Frigo® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, Frigo® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, zest and juice of one lime, ¼ cup of The Real Dill Green Chile Hot Sauce and ¾ of the bunch of cilantro (leaves and stems). Puree until smooth and then taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Finally, assemble nachos. Cover the baking sheet with a layer of tortilla chips. Top with the chorizo mixture, dollop with spoonfuls of the green chili crema, sprinkle with Frigo® Feta Crumbles and corn kernels. Repeat by topping with another layer of tortilla chips, beef mixture, green chili crema, Frigo® Feta Crumbles, and corn kernels. When all your tasty ingredients are layered on to the sheet tray place in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and finish with remaining cilantro, sliced avocado, sliced radishes, and salsa. Serve immediately with lots of napkins! ☺