Recipe from: paleonewbie.com
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Paleo Italian Sausage and Potato Soup
- 1 pound Polidori Hot Italian Sausage ground
- 4 slices of bacon uncooked, chopped small
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 white sweet potatoes peeled and diced into about 1/2" pieces
- 1 large carrot sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper adjust to your taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the onion, sausage and bacon plus 2 tbs of olive oil. Stir just until sausage is cooked through.
- If you have a lot of fat in the pot, drain most of it leaving a little behind for flavor.
- Next add the minced garlic to the pot and cook for just 1 minute. Now add in the potatoes, carrots, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to the same pot. Stir over medium heat to combine flavors for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add coconut milk, spinach and basil – simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finally stir in the cayenne – taste and add more if you want it spicier.
- Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy!