Recipe from: tasteofhome.com
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Minestrone with Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Polidori Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only) chopped
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 cans tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup small pasta shells uncooked
- 1 can garbanzo beans or chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the carrots, celery and leek; cook for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, green beans and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, cabbage, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Return to a boil. Stir in the garbanzo beans, pasta and parsley. Cook for 6-9 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with cheese. Yield: 11 servings (about 3 quarts).