Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Tomago Kake Gohan – Polidori Style
- 4 cups White rice Cooked and hot
- 4 whole Eggs Soft boiled, peeled, and sliced in half
- 1/2 pound Polidori Chorizo
- 8 tsp Soy sauce
- 4 tsp Sesame oil
- Maldon salt for garnish
- Nori furikake (Japanese rice seasoning) for garnish
- Fried onion for garnish
- 1 stalk Scallions chopped for garnish
- Cilantro chopped for garnish
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Boil pot of water for eggs and place in water when it comes to boil for 7 minutes. Remove and shock in ice water till cooled. Peel and set aside.
- Cook sausage in skillet till cooked thoroughly and set aside, keeping warm.
- Assembly:Divide rice and place in 4 warm bowls. Season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Divide chorizo evenly among bowls. Place eggs in center of bowls and garnish with Maldon Salt, furikake, fried onions, scallions and cilantro.
- Stir everything together after serving and eat with a spoon. To be more traditional, you can substitute a raw egg for the cooked one. Don’t shy away from this, it’s amazing!