Savory Bread Pudding with Italian Sausage, Arugula, and Parmigiana Reggiano
- Butter for greasing pan
- 1 lb. Polidori Italian Sausage
- 1 large Onion finely chopped
- 4 teeth Garlic
- 2 oz. Sherry wine
- 4 oz. Arugula
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 12 oz. Stale rustic bread cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup Shaved Parmigiana Reggiano plus more for topping
- 1 tbsp. Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. Fresh rosemary chopped
- Grease baking dish and set aside.
- Brown sausage in skillet, add onions, saute lightly till translucent, finish with garlic, cook for 1 min. Add sherry and remove from heat to cool.
- Combine eggs, cream and stock in mixing bowl. Season with salt. Whisk till combined.
- Toss all ingredients in large mixing bowl, making sure not to break up bread cubes.
- Add to prepared baking pan, cover and hold for 4-24 hours.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Top should be browned and inside should be fully cooked but moist. Put back in for 10-15 mins if not done.
You can prepare this dish 4 to 24 hours in advance so it is perfect for entertaining.
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.