Recipe from: realsimplegood.com
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
- 2 sweet potatoes (or sub regular potatoes) cubed into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 1 Bell pepper roughly chopped
- 2 pounds Polidori Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups greens (spinach, arugula, kale, etc.)
- 8 eggs optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet potatoes as noted and spread out cubes on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix to coat and spread the potato cubes out in an even layer. Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut up onion and bell pepper as noted.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp avocado oil, onion and bell pepper. Cook until onions soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add ground pork to the pan and cook until the pork is no longer pink, stirring occasionally, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the pork cooks, prep rosemary as noted.
- Once the pork is browned, add oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika and rosemary to the pan. Mix with the pork, taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Turn heat down to low and simmer.
- Once the potatoes are finished, add them in with the pork mixture and mix to incorporate.
- Serve over greens and optional egg on top, cooked to your liking.