Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori's Famous Lasagna
- 1 lb. Polidori Mild Italian Sausage casings removed
- 3/4 lb. Lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Onion minced
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 28 oz. Canned crushed tomatoes
- 13 oz. Canned tomato sauce
- 12 oz. Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp White sugar
- 4 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt, divided or to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 12 Lasagna noodles
- 16 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 lb Mozzarella cheese sliced
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water. Season with sugar, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, and pepper. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Rest lasagna for 15 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!