Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Sausage and Potato Lasagna
- 1/2 lb. Polidori Mild or Hot Italian Sausage
- 2 cups Fresh mushrooms sliced
- 4 cups White, round red, or yellow potatoes (1 1/4 lbs.) peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 whole Egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Ricotta cheese or cream-style cottage cheese (drained)
- 1/4 cup Pamesan or Romano cheese grated
- 1 10 oz. package Frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Remove casing from sausage and cook in a 10-inch skillet with the mushrooms until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
- In a large saucepan cook sliced potatoes, covered, in boiling water for 5 minutes (they won't be thoroughly cooked). Drain; set aside.
- For filling, stir together egg, ricotta or cottage cheese, and Parmesan or Romano cheese. Stir in spinach.
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot margarine or butter until onion is tender but not brown. Stir in flour and nutmeg. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Layer half of the potatoes in a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with half of the spinach filling. Top with half of the meat mixture, half of the sauce, and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, except reserve remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree F. oven about 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle remaining cheese atop and bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.