Fire up the grill, grab some Polidori Chorizo and take a trip with us to the islands. This dish works great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We thin you will agree, the chorizo really shines when it comes to this dish.
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Loco Moco
- 1 lb. Polidori ground Chorizo Sausage Formed into three patties
- 1 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 Sweet yellow onion Peeled and julienned thin
- 2 tbsp Olive oil/Canola oil blend
- 1 cup Prepared brown gravy
- 3 cups Jasmine rice Cooked
- 6 Large eggs
- 1 tsp 5280 Culinary Tiki Tiki Seasoning
- Clean and sanitize all cutting boards and prep surfaces prior to use. Read all manufacturer’s instructions before using grills or any cooking tools.
- Clean Weber Grill Grates and ignite Weber, adjust temp to 450˚- 500˚. Add Cast Iron skillet to grill while heating up.
- While grill is heating up – prep as follows:Mushrooms – sliced thickOnion – peeled and julienned thinRice – Cooked and held hot
- Add Oil to the pre-heated skillet.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for about 6-7 minutes or until they start to turn golden in color.
- Add the chorizo patties to the grill.
- Grill on the first side for 5-6 minutes, turn patties over and grill the second side for 5-6 minutes or until 165˚ internal temperature is reached.
- While the patties are cooking on the second side, add the gravy to the onions and mushrooms and stir to combine.
- Carefully remove the skillet of gravy and the patties and bring into the kitchen.
- Cook eggs two at a time over easy and lightly season with Tiki Tiki.
- Plate the Loco Moco as Follows:1. Bowl2. Rice3. Chorizo Patty4. Gravy with Mushrooms and Onions5. Over Easy Eggs6. Garnish with green onions or parsley if desired Devour!