Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Hot Italian Sausage & Ground Elk Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb. Polidori Hot Italian Sausage removed from casing
- 1 lb. Ground elk can sub beef or turkey
- 1 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 small Yellow onion
- 2 whole Bell peppers halved and seeded
- Mozzarella cheese
- Green onions
- Preheat oven at 425°
- Put halved peppers, facing down on cast iron into the oven to cook until tender, but not fully cooked through
- Sweat onions & garlic in cast iron pan over medium heat until cooked through
- Add Polidori Hot Italian Sausage (meat removed from casing) & ground elk to the cast iron pan. Add salt & pepper. Cook until meat has been cooked through
- Remove partially cooked peppers & turn right side up. Spoon Polidori Sausage meat mixture into peppers. Top with mozzarella cheese & cook in the oven 5-10 minutes until pepper is fully cooked through & cheese is melted.
- Top with green onions & serve with side of brown rice or quinoa
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!