Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Family Recipe – Stuffed Shells & Sauce
- 24 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 3/4 lb. Polidori Italian Sausage crumbled and cooked
- 12 oz. Jumbo pasta shells Tony's Market has the best ones
- 1/2 oz. Fresh parsley chopped
- 3 cups Whole milk shredded Mozzarella cheese half in mixture, half on top
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 whole eggs
- 52 oz. Marinara sauce (2 26oz. jars)
- Boil the shells until theyare about 2/3 of the way done
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Mix Ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, parsley, and cooked sausage in a bowl
- Strain the shells
- Pull out your favorite casserole dish and add some marinara sauce in the bottom
- Take a pastry bag and fill with the cheese and sausage mixture and arrange them in the pan with the open part of the shells facing up
- Pour marinara over the top of the shells
- Sprinkle the rest of the Mozzarella on top
- Bake for about an hour
- Ring the dinner (or lunch) bell and ENJOY with your family and friends. Pair with garlic bread and a salad for a fulfilling meal!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!