Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 lb Polidori Chorizo sausage
- 6 Red bell peppers tops cut off and seeded
- 1 stalk Celery minced
- 1 Carrot minced
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 14.5 oz Canned whole peeled tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup Long grain rice uncooked
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 can Tomato soup
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Place peppers in boiling water, and cook 5 minutes. Remove, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook Polidori Chorizo until almost brown. Drain fat. Stir in celery, carrots, onions, and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, basil, rice, and water. Cover, and simmer until rice is cooked, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in Monterey Jack, Cheddar, and Mozzarella chee
- Place peppers upright on a baking sheet. Stuff each pepper with the chorizo mixture. Sprinkle extra cheese on top.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to give the soup the consistency of gravy. Pour generously over peppers. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes.