Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Penne with Arugula, Chorizo, and Romano
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz chorizo sliced into thin disks
- 3 whole shallots chopped fine
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 lb penne
- 1 cup Romano cheese grated
- 5 oz clamshell baby arugula
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add chorizo and cook until golden brown, 2 to3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- Add shallots to empty skillet (keep chorizo grease, if any, in the pan) and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add gar-lic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine and reduce by half, about 1 minute, and then add chicken broth and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and return pasta to pot. Add sauce, chorizo, cheese, and arugula, and toss until arugula is wilted, about 1 minute.