Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Paleo Vodka Sauce with Italian Sausage
- 2 whole Carrots chopped
- 1 whole Red pepper diced
- 1 large Onion diced
- 2 28 oz. cans Diced tomatoes
- 2 lbs. Cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups Water
- 3 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. Dried basil
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley minced
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut cream
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- 1 lb. Polidori Mild Italian Sausage ground
- Over medium-high heat, bring a couple of cups of water to a rolling boil.
- Working in batches, blanch tomatoes in boiling water, a handful at a time. Cook them until you see the skin start to split. Scoop them out of the water and place them on ice water. Peel skins from tomatoes and set aside (you can use whole big tomatoes too! It’s way easier. I just had a bunch of cherry tomatoes leftover!)
- After blanching and peeling tomatoes, roughly chop tomatoes and place make in stockpot.
- Add canned tomatoes, water, tomato paste, the rest of the veggies, and spices to pot. Simmer on low for 2-3 hours or until reduced and sauce has deepened in color.
- In a separate frying pan, cook Italian sausage until no longer pink. Add vodka to sausage and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add to sauce and continue simmering an additional 30 minutes.
- At the last minute, add coconut cream or desired cream of choice to sauce. Serve over pasta.