Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Mexican Skillet Lasagna
- 1 lb. Polidori Hatch Chili Sausage
- 1 15 oz. can Tomatoes
- 1 4 oz. can Green chiles
- 1 15 oz. can Black beans
- 1/2 tsp. Chile powder
- 1/4 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Sour cream
- 1 15 oz. can Enchilada sauce
- 5 whole Corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded cheese
- jalapeño, fresh tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, sour cream
- Remove the sausage from the casing. Run a knife along the center of the sausage lengthwise and remove the sausage, discarding the casing.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the sausage, breaking into crumbles as you stir. Heat until fully cooked through.
- Add black beans, green chiles, canned tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes until heated through and flavors become incorporated.
- Dollop sour cream over the skillet and gently swirl into the meat and bean mixture.
- Meanwhile, stack 5 corn tortillas and cut them into thirds.
- Layer the tortillas over the mixture, then evenly cover with the enchilada sauce. Top with grated cheese.
- Place the skillet into the oven under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with your choice of garnishes and enjoy.