This lasagna has fresh basil, Mozzerella and Parmesan cheeses, and a delicious meat sauce made with plenty of Polidori Italian Sausage. Try swapping out our Hot Italian Sausage for an extra kick.
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Fresh Pasta Lasagna
For the sauce:
- 1 jar Spinelli's Marinara Sauce
- 1 pound Polidori Italian Sausage
- 1 bunch Fresh basil
For the bechamel:
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 4 cups Whole milk warmed
- 1 pinch Freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 pound Fresh pasta sheets or 1 box dry lasagna pasta
- 8 ounces Mozzeralla cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese shredded
- Olive oil for brushing
- Brown sausage in pan, add sauce and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the flour until smooth. Continue stirring as the flour cooks to a light, golden, sandy color, about 7 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and slowly whisk in milk until thickened by the roux. Bring to a gentle simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering until the flour has softened and no longer tastes gritty, 10 to 20 minutes, then season with salt and nutmeg.
- Blanch fresh pasta in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and cool in cold water bath. Set aside. Brush with olive oil is stacking sheets.
- Begin with sauce and alternated between sauce and pasta with one layer of bechamel and cheese in the middle. Place the last piece of pasta on the top, coat with bechamel and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for 45 minutes on 375 degrees. Check occasionally and turn down heat if top browns too quickly. Remove from oven when internal temperature of 165 degrees is reach and rest for 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.