Recipe from: MyRecipes.com
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 10 ounces Polidori Andouille or Italian Sausage
- 2 cups green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking polenta uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1.75 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add sausage; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Add onions, thyme, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bring milk to a simmer in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in polenta and salt; simmer 7 minutes, stirring frequently with a whisk. Remove from heat. Add cheeses; stir until cheeses melt. Place the polenta mixture in a large bowl; let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper sauce and eggs. Add sausage mixture; stir well to combine. Spread polenta mixture into a 2-quart glass or ceramic broiler-safe baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cool to room temperature. Cover surface with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Uncover dish. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or just until set.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!