Recipe from: Chef Jason K. Morse, 5280 Culinary, LLC
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Sausage Breakfast Muffins
- 8 slices bread day old bread works great
- 1.5 pounds Polidori Hot Italian Sausage cooked, sliced and cooled (6 links)
- 1 red bell pepper Julienne thin
- 1 green bell pepper Julienne thin
- 1 medium yellow onion Julienne thin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 Colorado Jumbo eggs cracked and mixed
- 6 fluid ounces whole milk
- 2 teaspoons Seasoned salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese sharp, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep the ingredients above as instructed.
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium high and add the uncooked sausage links. Cook on both sides until fully cooked. Cooking time will be approx. 13-17 minutes.
- Remove the sausage from the pan, leave any rendered fat in the pan. Add the onions and peppers.
- Sauté the onions and peppers until just caramelized, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Cube the bread, place into a large mixing bowl and set aside – can use any bread desired.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, milk, spices and parsley. Mix well until fully combined.
- Add to the mixing bowl of bread: Eggs and Milk, peppers, onions, sausage and cheese, mix well.
- Allow this mixture to absorb into the bread. Mix again to ensure proper distribution of ingredients.
- Spray a regular sized muffin pan with non stick spray, add muffin papers and lightly spray the papers.
- Divide the mixture into the 16 muffin cups and slightly pack into the cup.
- For oven, place foil lightly over the muffin pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes (or until fully cooked to 155 degrees), check doneness and cook further if needed.
- Muffins should be firm and not have any runny eggs. Cooked to 155 degrees.
- Using tongs or towel remove muffin pan from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes, remove a muffin and enjoy hot.
- Double this recipe and freeze (will hold frozen for 2 weeks) Reheat in microwave – 30 seconds at a time until hot. GREAT GRAB AND GO ITEM FOR SUMMER BREAKFAST FOR THE KIDDOS AND BUSY FAMILIES.