Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Breakfast Sausage Patty Melt
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 whole Medium yellow onion sliced
- 1/4 lb. Polidori Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 2 whole Eggs beaten
- 3 slices Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, or other cheese
- 2 slices Bread (sourdough, rye, whole wheat, etc.)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over low heat and melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, until onions are soft and slightly caramelized. Remove them to a plate and set them aside.
- Form the sausage into a thin patty about the width of the bread you're using. Add it to the same skillet and increase the heat to medium. Cook the patty on both sides until fully cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and cook, forming them into a rough circle as they set up. Flip to finish cooking on the other side.
- Assemble the patty melt: bread, cheese, patty, eggs, cheese, onions, cheese, bread. Melt the remaining butter in a clean skillet over low heat. Place the sandwich in the skillet and cook low and slow for a good 8 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bread is deliciously crisp. Add more butter to the skillet if the bread needs it (you don't want the bread to be dry!)
- Slice in half and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!