Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Italian Breakfast Souffle
- 1 pound Polidori Hot or Mild Italian Sausage Can substitute any type of sausage
- 8 slices Italian bread diced
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Remove sausage from casing and fry until cooked through and crumbled.
- Grease 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and add bread, top with sausage, spreading evenly.
- Whisk together eggs, mustard and milk and pour on bread and sausage mixture.
- Top with cheese, cover pan with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Evenly spread cream of mushroom soup on top of mixture.
- Baked uncovered for 45 minutes or until light and fluffy. Enjoy!
We recommend using fresh Italian bread but just about any kind of bread will work.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!