Recipe from: BedandBreakfast.com
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Apple Sausage Cheddar Quiche
- 1 pound Polidori Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tart apple shredded, Granny Smith is best
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crumble the sausage into a large skillet and cook over a medium heat until browned. Add the onion and saute until tender. Drain well.
- Add the shredded apple, lemon juice and sugar to the sausage and onions. Cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally until the liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon the sausage mixture into the pie shell and cover with cheese.
- Blend eggs, half-and-half and salt and pour over the sausage and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35-45 minutes until the top is slightly golden and the center is firm to the touch. Let stand a few minutes to set before serving.