Recipe from: Chef Jason K. Morse, 5280 Culinary, LLC
Ready for a chip dipping fun time? This Queso is not only full of Cheesy happiness, but has Bacon, Chorizo and a great spicy finish. Grab some chips and get to dipping, this won’t last long. Watch the video here.
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Skillet Queso with Polidori Chorizo
- 5 strips Thick cut Applewood bacon diced fine
- 1 whole Small yellow onion dices small
- 1 pound Polidori Chorizo Sausage
- 1 tablespoon Fresh garlic minced
- 1 whole Jalapeño pepper cleaned, halved, diced small
- 1 pinch Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 6 fluid ounces Mexican Crema
- 2 cups Queso Asadero shredded
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar shredded
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese crumbled
- Roasted tomatoes for garnish
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Tri-color tortilla chips for serving
- Heat your Cast iron skillet on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high.
- Add the Polidori chorizo, bacon and onions to pan and sauté until sausage is fully cooked, bacon fat has rendered and onions start to caramelize. Approx. 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully and using heat proof gloves, remove the skillet and drain 90% of the fat.
- Place back on the heat.
- Add the cream and ALL cheese.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and adjust as needed, to add more fire use some Fire Salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture until all cheese is melted and mixture starts to bubble.
- Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- For an extra kick of heat, sprinkle some Fire Salt on top of the mixture.
- Garnish as desired with roasted tomatoes and cilantro.