Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Sausage and Apple Stuffing
- 1 lb. Sourdough bread cubed
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 lb Polidori Mild Italian Sausage removed from casings
- 1 1/2 cup Onion finely diced
- 2 cup Celery chopped
- 2 cup Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped to 1/2" pieces
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried parsley (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley)
- 3 large Eggs beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart casserole pan or 9" x 13" pan.
- Place the bread cubes into a large bowl, and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown the sausage meat, breaking it up with a spoon until it's completely cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked sausage to the bowl with the bread cubes, leaving the hot fat in the pan. Toss the bread with the sausage until the two are evenly incorporated.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the onion, celery, and apple. Cook until the onions are translucent and everything has softened.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to the bread cubes/sausage, stirring to incorporate.
- Stir in the butter, stock, salt, pepper, and parsley, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in the beaten eggs. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared pan.
- Bake the stuffing for 50 to 60 minutes, until the top is crunchy and sizzling.
- Remove the stuffing from the oven. Allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.