Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Polidori Brats and Tots
- 4 links Polidori Bratwurst precooked
- 6 cups Tater tots frozen
- 1 cup Beer cheese sauce see recipe below
- 1 cup Sweet peppers and onions see recipe below
- 1/3 cup Hot Giardinera optional
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- Chives or green onion for garnish
- Start by cooking the tater tots according to the package instructions (baking or air frying works well here).
- Take the cooked bratwurst and slice each one into thin round pieces. Preheat a skillet over medium heat and sauté the bratwurst to help brown and sear the pieces on all sides. Add the sweet pepper and onions and allow them to reheat with the bratwurst. Once heated through and crispy, set the brat mixture aside.
- Make the beer cheese sauce according to the recipe linked below. Alternatively, use a store bought nacho cheese sauce if desired and heat it up on the stove or in the microwave.
- In a cast iron skillet or baking dish, layer the crispy cooked tater tots across the bottom. Add half of the cheese sauce and pour it over the tots.
- Next, add on the crispy bratwurst pieces and sweet pepper and onion mixture over the cheese. Add the remaining cheese again over the top
- Finish the bratwurst nachos off with the hot giardiniera if desired, a dollop of sour cream and garnish with chives or green onions and serve.