Recipe from: sofabfood.com
Cooking for 2, 4, 6, 20 people?! Simply change the number of guests you are feeding and watch the ingredients below update to make the perfect amount of food. TIP: You might want to account for those who tend to go for seconds…or thirds. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Dairy-Free Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 ounces baby bella mushrooms (2 packs)
- 1 pound Polidori Hot Italian Sausage uncooked, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook Italian sausage over high heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned and fully cooked, using the spatula to break up the sausage.
- Transfer the cooked sausage to a large bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add the panko bread crumbs and parsley leaves, and mix well.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set aside (they would be great for a homemade vegetable broth!). Stuff the mushrooms with the sausage mixture and place in a baking dish. Bake at 375ºF for 12-15 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked and the sausage topping is nice and crispy. Serve immediately.